We are committed, experienced immigration experts who prioritize your future. Call us on:
01707 707626 or
01279 970200 (Bishop’s Stortford) For immediate support and  guidance tailored to your situation. We are here to assist you in person, via phone, or online.
Get in Touch
Health Care Worker Visa

What is the Health and Care Worker Visa? 

The Health and Care Visa is a recently introduced immigration category designed for international medical professionals seeking to work in the UK within the NHS, an NHS supplier, or the adult social care sector. This visa category aims to simplify the process, reduce costs, and expedite the entry of healthcare workers into the UK.

While the Health and Care Visa shares similarities with the Skilled Worker Visa, it is exclusively available to specific medical professionals and individuals in eligible health and care roles. Holders of the Health and Care Visa benefit from reduced visa fees and are exempt from the Immigration Health Surcharge.

The Health and Care Visa grants a validity of up to 5 years, with the option to apply for extensions as long as you continue to meet the eligibility criteria. If your aim is to establish permanent residency in the UK, you may also be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after residing in the country for a minimum of 5 years under this visa category.

Financial Sustenance Prerequisite In order to qualify for the Health and Care Worker Visa:

  1. You are required to possess a minimum of £1,270 in your bank account.
  2. You must demonstrate that you maintained this sum continuously for 28 consecutive days in the month preceding your application.
  3. If you have resided in the UK for 12 months or longer, there is no necessity to exhibit your financial means.
  4. In the event that it’s needed, your initial month’s financial support, which should be a minimum of £1,270, can be covered by your employer. Your sponsor will verify this in your Certificate of Sponsorship.

Mandatory Documentation for Health and Care Visa Applicants

When applying for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you must provide specific documents and information to demonstrate your eligibility. The required documentation includes:

  1. Certificate of Sponsorship reference number.
  2. Proof of English proficiency, such as Secure English Language Test (SELT) results or evidence of a qualifying academic qualification taught in English.
  3. A valid passport or equivalent national identity document.
  4. Occupation code for your job.
  5. Job title and annual salary.
  6. Employer details, including their sponsor license number, which is listed on your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
  7. Tuberculosis test results (if applicable based on your country of origin).
  8. Evidence of sufficient personal savings to support yourself in the UK.
  9. For specific roles, a criminal record certificate may be required.
  10. If you plan to bring eligible family members to the UK, you’ll need to provide documents establishing your relationship with them.

Extend your Health Care & Carers Visa

Given your continuous adherence to the eligibility requirements, you can extend your Health and Care visa without any constraints. Should your goal be to secure permanent residency in the UK, you may become eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain after residing in the country for a minimum of 5 years under this visa category.