We are dependable and work hard for you
We are dedicated and prioritise your future.
Call us on: 01707 707626 for prompt support and assistance with your situation, we are available to assist you in person, over the phone, or online
Get in Touch
Business Visitor Visa
A UK Business Visitor Visa is a type of visa that allows you to enter the UK for a short period of time, usually up to 6 months, to carry out unpaid business activities1. For example, you can use this visa to:
- attend a meeting, conference or interview
- negotiate or sign a contract
- visit a branch or subsidiary of your company
- conduct a site visit or inspection
- deliver goods or transport passengers from abroad
You must meet certain eligibility requirements to apply for this visa, such as:
- you have a genuine reason to visit the UK for business purposes
- you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your return or onward journey
- you do not intend to work, study or settle in the UK
- you do not intend to do any activities that are not allowed under the visitor rules
Depending on your nationality, you may need to apply for a visa in advance or you may be able to visit the UK without a visa or by applying for a visa waiver1. You can check if you need a visa and what type of visa you need on the GOV.UK website.
What you can not do with a Business Visitor Visa
The UK business visitor visa falls under the standard UK visitor visa, subject to similar restrictions. UK immigration laws are stringent, requiring precise documentation in your visa application.
Insufficient evidence may lead to a Home Office rejection or denial upon arrival. The business visitor visa has specific constraints on the scope of business activities permitted during a short stay in the UK.
Various work and business visas are available for individuals from non-EEA regions. Understanding the appropriate visa is crucial.
With a business visitor visa, you can’t:
- Engage in paid or unpaid work.
- Establish long-term residence or work.
- Access public funds.
- Apply for business grants or bursaries, even for future business involvement in the UK.
Navigating the intricacies of business visas can be challenging. Reach out to us for support.
Explore the UK Business Visitor Visa Further The list of allowable and prohibited business activities under the standard visitor visa (business visitor visa) is extensive and potentially confusing. If you’re uncertain about the right work or business visa for your needs, our expert immigration lawyers at IAS are available to offer guidance.
Contact us to learn more about how we can assist. We provide comprehensive advice and application packages, complete with a dedicated caseworker to strengthen your visa application with supporting documents.
Serving the whole of England
© 2023 NMILS (N & M Immigration Lawyers Ltd) – All rights reserved. Registered Office Address: 5 Brayford Square E1 0SG Regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) Registration Number: F202331695 Companies House: Registration Number: 1504479