We are committed, experienced immigration experts who prioritize your future. Reach out to us on:
                        01707 707626 
For immediate support and  guidance tailored to your situation. We are here to assist you in person, via phone, or online.
Get in Touch

Spousal Visa

New Minimum Income - Starting 11 April 2024, the Home Office has implemented a new minimum income requirement, raising it to £29,000 from £18,600. There are various methods to meet this income threshold based on your individual circumstances. Contact our team today to explore the available options.

The UK Partner Visa, also recognized as the UK Spouse Visa, is a settlement visa that permits you to reside with your British partner in the United Kingdom for a duration of up to 30 months. This visa falls under the Family visa category.

If you meet specific eligibility requirements, you can extend it for an additional 30 months. Holding a Partner Visa serves as the initial step towards achieving Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and, eventually, British Citizenship.

To be eligible for a UK Spouse Visa and gain entry into the UK, you need to be married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen, a settled person in the UK, or a UK refugee. The primary eligibility criteria involve providing evidence of a genuine relationship and meeting specific financial requirements.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to our immigration lawyers for expert guidance regarding your UK Partner Visa application. Learn how you can enter the UK and secure the right to remain with your partner if they are a UK citizen.

Please note that this visa differs from the UK Marriage Visitor Visa, which solely permits individuals to enter the UK for the purpose of getting married or entering into a civil partnership, regardless of their partner’s British citizenship status.

Who is eligible to apply for a Spouse Visa?

You are eligible to apply for a UK Spouse Visa if you meet the following criteria:

  1. You are 18 years of age or older.
  2. You are either married or in a civil partnership that is officially recognized in the UK.
  3. You are married to a British citizen or a person with settled status in the UK.
  4. You and your partner have cohabitated in a committed relationship for the past two years, and you can provide evidence of this.
  5. You are engaged, or you currently hold a Fiance Visa for the UK and plan to marry within six months of your arrival in the UK.

Additionally, British citizens can submit the “leave to remain” application forms on behalf of their partners, provided they meet the eligibility requirements. In such cases, the applicant’s name and details should be listed as the partner.